Thursday, December 24, 2009

24


I'm now feeling relaxed. The house is clean(ish), Geoff's done his last minute shopping and the champagne is in the fridge chilling for tonight and tomorrow and the day after that!
The girls have decorated the gingerbread house you see here. Clearly the priority for them is cramming on as many sweets as possible. I find that my own aesthetic still tries to guide their creativity at times when they are piling everything on willy nilly. I keep my lips closed though, because it's not about me.
We popped corn to string for the tree. To my northern "friends" I don't know how you manage to do a whole tree. We (read me) threaded about 2 metres worth and it's hard work, the girls lost interest very quickly as theirs kept breaking. I love the look though. When we eventually have a northern Christmas I want strands of popcorn and strands of fresh cranberries on a real tree, nothing more.

I noticed today that this is my 492nd post. I can't even remember when I started, although as it was in Leila's first year I guess it's been over 2 years. 500 posts is a landmark but I'm almost sure I'll forget it when the post comes around. So, thank you all for reading, for your kind and generous comments and encouragement; also to all of you whose posts I look for each day, whose creativity inspires me - thank you.

I haven't been making many dolls of late so poor little Kate above has been waiting so long for company that I feel it's only fair I offer her to one of you, as a belated Christmas gift. I intend to get into the swing of sewing again next year (after a machine service) and put some more time into the dolls.

If you, or some little person you know, would like to give Kate a home, please leave a comment and I will draw a name when we're back from my parents by the evening on the 28th. I will send worldwide, so anyone can enter.

postscript - I'll be back tomorrow - the 29th - so the draw is extended for another day!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

ohhh first commenter! Thank you for being a site I look for every day, your positivity and general enthusiasm about day to day is uplifting.

xoxo

CC said...

Ooh, fruit tingles. I love a sweet laden gingerbread house! We might have to have a go at one next Christmas.

So I'm not the only crazy person making popcorn garlands (although, not this year). My friends all scoffed when I did it. I like the sound of your popcorn and cranberry decorated tree. I also like salt dough decorations - very rustic. Although I did almost buy some tinsel yesterday...

We would love to have Kate live with us. I suspect Tilly will be waiting for a while for me to start work on my Poppy doll.

Have a lovely Christmas

Cath W said...

Have a wonderful Christmas. I know a little Lucy who would love to adopt Kate!

Bel said...

I started reading your blog because of your beautiful dolls and then I loved the honesty and realness of your posts i have stayed an avid follower.

Thank you for sharing your life, family and thoughts with us it is a pleasure to come on this journey with you, and what a milestone 500 posts wow!

As I live in a house full of boys (bog and little) I would love Kate just for me ;)

Bel x

Selina said...

Merry Christmas! I'd give her a very happy home. ;)

Kiki said...

Like Bel commented above, I think I would like Kate all for myself too. Big girls can still have dolls can't they? Her and her beautiful dark hair.

Lindsay said...

Oh my little person would love to look after Kate for you! Happy Christmas Victoria, have a wonderful time.

Sandy said...

Kate will always have a happy home with me and Chloe.

We decorated a gingerbread house last night. It's from a kit, not the most creative, but the kids loved it!

Merry Christmas.

Urška Sem said...

Kate would live happily ever after in my home too :-)

Merry Christmas to all!

Sarah said...

Yes our ginger bread house was 'artistically' decorated as well. Amoungst heated discussions of who had more jelly babies.. I think fruit tingles should be offered next year as well!

What a generous offer! Like Bel I am in a house of boys (humans and rescued strays). I would love some 'girl' for me.

Kym said...

Merry Christmas! It sounds like there were some very full tums in your household.

Of course we'd love Kate to come live with us! She, like all your dolls, looks adorable.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas V!!! Your table looked devine, kids adorable (as usual) and I LOVE your new 'do'!

My girls would be over the moon to have Kate come and live with us. But if she finds another home, we'd love to have Ella and Leila over for a visit (and you too!) over the hols.

Lovin the daily posts!

Lxxx

elizabeth said...

I love your blog and I love your etsy work. I do look forward to reading about your life and I love to share it with my own children. I have my own blog and I often look to your blog as an inspiration. Happy Holidays!

sapra-miska@hotmail.com said...

It would be a great honour for me to take care of Kate :-)

Bianca said...

Merry Christmas! The girls' gingerbread house is sweet. Mine had freckles for roof tiles too! Not sure what that says about my decorating skills....

Congrats on your almost 500th post!

Kate is divine, and I think she could be very happy here ;)

Mary said...

Hoping I'm just scraping in as I've only just caught up on my reader. Merry Christmas to you and your family

life and the memoirs said...

I've recently become a blog reader and writer. My blog is in it's very early days. I enjoy logging on to read your daily posts. It's become an essential part of my day :)

I have two gorgeous boys and two adorable nieces who would just love Kate to join their family.

Looking forward to continuing to read your site and develop mine.

Best wishes for a very happy and healthy new year.

Christelle said...

I hope you and the family had a lovely Christmas! The diner looked delicious.
If Kate fancy for a cosy room, mine is just fresly repainted and re-furnished so she is more than welcome!

vlijtig said...

This chance I want to take. She's so cute! And almost 500! I'll sign up for the next 500.

antoinet said...

kate is great: we would love to take care of her! and congratulations on your 492nd post! (personally i think 492 sounds much better than 500!)