Thursday, December 17, 2009

17


I know this is a bit of a cop out, posting a photo not my own in a Christmas month daily posting exercise, however. It's a working day, it's very wet, the girls are OVERtired and well, well, it is what it is.

For those of you who, like me, have enthusiastically consumed this series of books, you may be interested to know that the Swedish films made of this books, well, they're every bit as good as the books. "Men who hate Women" is great, apparently the second one (which we have ready to watch) is even better.

The woman in the picture is Salander from the books and although not as petite as I'd imagined her, she's amazing - it's amazing. Thank god the Swedes got to them before Hollywood did.

3 comments:

Christelle said...

If you like those books, you should enjoy Henning Mankell as well. I'm finishing one of them at the moment and I feel like being Wallander in the swedish forest -)

Jasmine said...

Wow! Thanks for telling as I just finished the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo this morning! I thoroughly enjoyed it but am trying to resist the next two as I feel I should fill my mind with less twisted material...I think I could manage the films though..

Angie said...

I'm loving your daily posts (just no time to comment lately).

I devoured these books so thanks for this tip, I had no idea it was already a film.