Thursday, February 14, 2013

1019



It's really hot in Melbourne right now.  Very humid and just yuck.  I am sure that many in cooler climes may think I'd kill for some sunshine, in which case these photos will have to act as a virtual postcard holiday for you!

I'm not a big ice cream girl, but the gelati from here is tooooo gooood!  Coffee is my flavour, it is delicious and I have been thinking about it a lot since our last visit, even a late night drive doesn't put me off.  It's on the other side of the CBD for us, a drive down the freeway and through, a good half hour away, so not a spur of the moment weeknight stop.  With another teacher's strike today (don't get me started on that!) and the temp rising, we took my parents for a late morning lick!

I had to giggle when I overheard Leila talking to my mum about what flavour she was going to have.  Very earnestly she said to mum "Nan, definitely don't have the coffee, definitely not, it makes mum go crazy."  Now my mum is a coffee lover and thought that meant it was too strong rather than the reality of me obsessing (going crazy) over it because it was soooo good.  She therefore chose pistachio which was good but ....



My parents are so close to our girls, so devoted and engaged with them.  My head spins hearing both girls talking about them both at the same time, so animated and so loud, but my parents rarely bat an eyelid, taking it all in and enjoying every moment.

The relationship they share with my parents adds so much to their lives, has helped form them and given them a greater sense of security than they would otherwise have had.  We're all very lucky to have them play such a large and involved role in our lives.

3 comments:

Christelle said...

Oh yes you are so right to have a good ice cream with your parents and girls. This is really something I like doing in summer time. Thank you for the postcard!

Sandy said...

I love your garden vegetables. They look so vibrant and yummy. I wish I had that kind of closeness with my family! The gelato looks yummy too!

CC said...

We love the gelobar! It's a bit of a drive from here, too (it was walking distance back in the olden days). We sometimes drop in after a trip to the zoo.