Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Useful and Cheap


Pre the girls I used handcream numerous times a day, always something deliciously scented, always something relatively expensive for the amount of cream involved.

Post the girls, I wash my hands literally a dozen or more times a day and I usually forget the handcream or if I remember, it's washed off within the next hour.

My mum has visited a chiropodist over the years and at one point he recommended her a cream to use. She kept the name of the cream in her purse for ages but assumed that it would be something horrendously expensive. At one point relatively recently she decided, what the heck, I'll give it a try, and bought some.

A few months ago mum noticed my hands, cracked and sore knuckles and said I should try her chiropodist recommended cream and I did and it works wonders. It's not deliciously scented in fact it smells slightly medicinal, but it really works so much better than anything else I've ever tried AND, gotta love this, it's cheap. The bottle in the picture retailed for $4.95AUD and it's stocked in most chemists.

1 comment:

Pina said...

You should have seen my hands! :(
Though, I tried to solve the problem by eating 'healthy' food. It helped a bit but I think that my body is made this way that too much effort should be put into its recovery. I have no patience.

I saw similar cream in my brother's bathroom, perhaps I should ask him if it helps...