Friday, May 21, 2010

76


I'm not sure about this one. Do you know what it is?

I have Leila home sick today and as she's having a really good sleep rather than nap, I decided to make two things that have been on my "must try to make" list for a long time. This is the first of them. Mole. A spicy Mexican sauce that includes chocolate and cocoa in its list of ingredients. I'm reserving judgement until it's eaten with a spice rubbed chicken stripped and laid on fresh tortillas, topped with some chopped cucumber, lettuce and coriander, then with some mole spooned over the top. Perhaps using Lindt dark chocolate was the mistake, it smells like Lindt to me. There are many layers of spices and a lot of heat, but I don't think it stands well alone. I'll reserve judgement and let you know.


The second I'm more confident about. Bagels. I'm using this recipe and we'll see. The dough has a lovely feel to it, but we'll see if they actually taste like bagels in texture, or whether they're more like funny shaped rolls. Again, more to follow.

2 comments:

Soo said...

Yum! I think I might have to try the bagel recipe this weekend.

Sandy said...

Seems like I could make the bagels just by following your photos! Your photos are amazing!