Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It's the unexpected

that often thrills the most.

The flowers that your husband brings home that are completely his idea. The picture your daughter leaves hidden beneath your pillow. A kind message from a friend left on your answering machine at just the right moment.

Today we received an unexpected package from my dear friend in Christelle in Paris, a gorgeous gift she bought while in Syria recently. She thought perhaps I could turn this luscious fabric into something special and I hope I can - I have an idea, but it will take me a little while to figure out.


I wish I could post a link to Christelle's work for you to share. She has a normal job but her talent lies in photography and she has travelled the world taking the most amazing shots. I have the worst memory but she has been almost everywhere .... except Australia! Because I'm so amazed at how widely she travels I'm going to ask her to send me a list of everywhere she's visited because I know you too will be in awe. Thank you my dear friend. Gross bijoux.

1 comment:

Christelle said...

o)
So glad you like my surprise!

ps: I will send you the list of countries I would love to visit starting with Australia ^^^