Wednesday, April 11, 2012

875

You may have gathered that bread is important to me. We don't actually use a great deal for sandwiches as no-one in this house is a huge fan of regular sandwiches. We do love good toast, we love buns of all sorts and the girls do like cheese and bacon rolls.

I have been known to buy Baker's Delight rolls because as I mentioned, Ella needs sandwich alternatives for her lunchbox. I have never felt that good about them though. I know lots of kids like them, but if I really think about them I find their toppings a little dubious, although there are definitely worse things.


Now I've found the right loaf recipe, there is no reason for us not to make our own c&b rolls (or for me pesto and swiss). Our everyday bread is a milk loaf which means that the crust is soft, which is really what you want for this type of roll.


I have figured out the sums, but it makes for boring reading. The upshot is that I can make 12 c&b rolls for about 1/2 of what I would have paid in BD for 6 and there really is no comparison.





If anyone would like the recipe, happy to send it on to you.

14 comments:

Susan said...

these look great. what is your dough recipe?

CC said...

Your cheese and bacon rolls look so good. I agree with you on the Baker's delight ones. The kids had them for lunch today and I was feeling a bit funny about the "bacon" bits. Could you share your dough recipe?

two little buttons said...

yum they look so good. could you share your recipe?

Lizeylou said...

Oh yum - you are so very clever.
Yes please send me the recipe!

Anonymous said...

Hello - I would like the recipie. My address is brock@purdue.edu

Thank you very much. I enjoy your blog.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the typo! recipe!

antoinette said...

yes, please! they look delicious! my eailadress: antoinette_ver@hotmail.com
thank you so much!

Mel said...

They look delicious, I would love the recipe too please if you don't mind.

albertandevans@gmail.com

Thank you
Mel

Kiki said...

Hello hello friend...you know what? I sat down to locate a naan recipe I had found recently and decided to visit you before doing so. Well...we've definitely got bread on our minds.

Your rolls look gorgeous - my Mr would love the recipe. He's the bread baker in this house.

Can you email to my regular email not the Hotmail address please as I rarely check it these days. Thanking you.

Kristi said...

yes. please. i think you have my email but just in case kristim6@hotmail.com.

Michelle said...

Hello,
I would love the recipe for these
themccannfamily5@gmail.com
Thank you so much, love your blog!

Linda said...

These look lovely and I am sure my whole family would love them. I would really appreciate your recipe!

Linda said...

I would love this recipe, thank you!

Linda said...

I would love this recipe, thank you!