Tuesday, October 13, 2009

By Hand


A few months ago now I finished some quilted scarves for the girls and bought some material for myself. I patched the scarf together quickly, but the quilting took longer. I hand quilted and started with a scallop shell pattern but it looked too fussy. I procrastinate about pulling back, so that part stalled the process for a while. I then elected something very simple and I really like how this part of it has turned out. Now the binding. I've done very poor corners on the quilts I've made for the girls and that's despite looking at a tutorial online. I'll try again and see if I can't get it right this time. Any tips though, for super neat corners, warmly welcomed.

3 comments:

Jeana Marie said...

this probably isn't the advice you are looking for b u t! i look at my corners and say - 'neat enough!'

i don't usually mitre corners - lots of pins?

Jasmine said...

I love the fabric you chose!

Evie said...

i have no corner tips - im not good at them either...i was checking your comments to see if there were any tips ; )