Tuesday, October 21, 2008

She normally loves to pose




but of course today, when I'm so pleased with my work and so keen to get great photos, she says "it's too cold mum" and won't pull her normal winning moves. So, I'm not the most patient person and I couldn't wait for the perfect shot.

I used a very basic pinafore pattern, added a pocket and a contrasting band at the bottom, I also added facings as I can manage a nicer finish more easily with them than I can without. I am so pleased with how it turned out - Leila will have a downsized version very soon!

9 comments:

Christie said...

love, love, LOVE it! spots are too cute at the bottom.

they never want to do a 'photshoot' when you do!

The Girl in the Cafe said...

Oh, love the pinafore over a white long sleeve T. Cute trim. Hey - I have an idea. Should we do a swap? I'm not sure a swap of what...haha...

Kym said...

Your sewing machine has been getting a good workout! She looks beautiful in her new pinnie, whether she's posed or complaining about the weather.

Angie said...

clever you! You have been busy. I'm with you on the facings....I can't believe it when a pattern says just to 'hem' it around the neck & arms...it always looks messy. Love the big pockets as well.

Pina said...

Very cute dress! And very cute boots to go along too! :)

Miss Muggins said...

You have been such a busy little bee!

Sarah said...

That is really very sweet...

Sandy said...

well done to you too! the dress is fabulous.

The Little Mama said...

That is adorable! And I am smitten with her wee boots!