Monday, August 24, 2009

Dear Molly,

thank you so much for suggesting that we finally catch up, I'm not sure I would have been brave enough to suggest it myself, but I'm so glad you did.

You're even lovelier in the flesh than you are 'on film' so to speak. Very easy, warm company and so thoughtful of you to bring a gift. I think perhaps the blogging mindframe isn't completely my own, otherwise I too would have come armed with treats and a camera. I did consider the camera, but know photos of myself don't thrill me, so saved you the pain.
I came home thinking about your skills, which made me realise all I have to learn about sewing. It's not a downer, but I think I felt it more when I decided to make Leila another nighty and as it's a very light cotton, used one of my new machine needles, choosing a size appropriate for that fabric. Well, by god, did my machine drive me crazy or what???? I don't KNOW it well, that's true, but the stitches kept missing, not grabbing the fabric, the cotton kept jamming up in the needle eye - an absolute nightmare! Yet, I continued, did I change the needle - no! I just decided to continue tormenting myself and forcing it through.

Your knowledge and skills made me realise that I should at least learn to master my very straight forward Brother, for there's no way I could wrangle an overlocker until I master him!

Thank you again Lynda, next time, please come to mine!

Vx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you made me blush! It was a big step to leave blog land behind and meet in the real world, and one of the best decisions I've made in a long time. What a lovely person you are dear Victoria, and one I'm really glad I can call my friend.
Lxxx

Cindy said...

I have been lucky enough to meet Lynda in the flesh too, she is indeed lovely and as for those cute as a button kids too!