Sunday, October 23, 2011

794


When we went to Thailand I popped into Hill of Content to pick up some holiday reading. This was one of three books that I took with me, completely on the recommendation of one of the learned chaps in the shop. Now I'm recommending it to you.

The chapters are self contained and yet linked to every other chapter. You meet characters in the first chapter at a certain point in time and it is a moment in its entirety. In the next chapter you pick up one of the characters from the previous chapter and follow them into another period in their lives and so on, with characters and chapters all tightly interwoven. The subjects are all somehow linked to the music industry and although you only get snippets of each it's strangely very very satifsying.

Try it, I hope you like it.

No comments: