Saturday, March 05, 2011

692


One dozen hot cross buns and a dozen bagels out of the oven by 10:10, not bad. Breakfast was late, as a result.

I often wonder, when I think about my "One day Cafe", how I will manage to get everything exactly as I'd like it to be. The focus for me is spread between the cooking, which I'll want to do myself, and the service, which I'll also want to do! Being sure that everyone who walks in is acknowledged with a smile and the same of their departure, that someone is there to say thank, please come again. There's nothing I hate more than having to fight to get someone's attention to pay, it sullies everything that came before, for me at least.
How will I manage to cook the bagels for breakfast each morning AND be sure that every cup of coffee is just as I'd like it myself? Perhaps I need to look for premises with only 12 seats. Honestly, that would really suit me, something tiny, tiny but perfectly mine. I don't want to conquer the world, I don't want to be rich, I just want to colour the little corner of it that is totally and completely my own.

7 comments:

Michele @ The Hills are Alive said...

yum Id come and eat those bagels - love bagels,
And coffee

and just 12 seats suits me fine (as long as you let me linger - hate being rushed out of a cafe as I am reading or people watching and contemplating my 2nd bagel and 3rd coffee)

Sarah said...

I think it sounds really good to. Can I have smoked salmon, capers, cream cheese and onions on my bagel please?

Kiki said...

It's not a silly thought you know...one of my favourite little spots used to be Spoonful/Teaspoon. Nice and simple - but spot on every time. Somewhere to feel special for just that little while. Or be left alone if you so desire, with a warm smile.

I know you could do it....you do too, truth be told!

Sandy said...

lovely, just like you! i've been to plenty of small cafes like the one you want to open and they are quite successful neigborhood cafes—it can happen!

CC said...

Sounds perfect! I'd come.

Kristi said...

this sounds so wonderful. especially the service part.

Anonymous said...

I so agree!! I have laways wanted to open a cafe too, in fact I think I blogged about it once. I too have the same dilemma, wanting to do every part of it but knowing I cant possibly stretch that far. We should go into business together :)