Sunday, May 12, 2013

1060


 Happy Mother's Day to everyone, for your own mothers and to you as a mother, if you are so.

A bit of a Brady Bunch series of snaps here, three generations of my family together.  I'm thankful for my Mum's unwavering love and support.  I'm thankful for our shared interests, most born from watching her and being inspired to follow in her footsteps. I'm thankful for her example in giving of myself to my own daughters, always encouraging them, confirming their worth and value in my eyes and at every turn seeking to boost their self confidence.  I'm thankful for my mum's relationship with my two girls, her devotion to them, her spoiling of them, her encouragement, her immeasurable love for them.  I'm thankful for my mum's company, for always being there to answer the phone, for fixing my knitting mistakes, for converting from imperial to metric, for knowing the right season to do everything in the garden, to having the spare ingredients I can't source myself.   I'm thankful for her always being interested in what is important to me and affirming my place in this world.  I'm thankful for the time to be together, to be friends, to be her daughter,

3 comments:

Sandy said...

So lovely! Happy Mother's Day!

Julia said...

Beautifully articulated. Your mum is blessed to have you, as are your girls. Those photos are utterly divine. You are glowing in them. x

Kristi said...

such lovely words. such lovely photos. i loooooove your hair.

ps. i owe you an email.